Monday, May 3, 2021

April's Literary Adventures


April sure brought some great books! 

Mine was kind of a hot mess, but I decided to stick with the book all the way through.

A Promised Land was definitely worth the wait. I had this book on hold at the library for what seemed like ages. It's part one of a two-part series, and it's definitely a long read (almost 800 pages). But completely fascinating and explores Obama's first term. Can't wait to read the second.

The Forgetting You series was also kind of a hot mess train wreck that I just couldn't put down. Not my normal genre, but still enough twists and turns to keep me hooked.

Heartbreak Bay was a bittersweet read for me. I stumbled upon this author a while back and she's a powerhouse writer and this series has been explosive from the very first book.  She unexpectedly passed away this last winter - I'm not sure if she finished this book, or if someone else took over. There are definitely parts that do not seem to be written in her normal style. Regardless, I assume this is the last book in the series and it tied everything together nicely.

No comments: