Thursday, November 4, 2021

October's Literary Adventures

October was a slow reading month for me. Finishing out fall sports and then prepping for and taking the Alaskan cruise slowed things down for me on reading.  A while back, I read the body farm series and thought I had finished the series. In doing some research on the authors to see if they had decided to write more, I stumbled upon two additional books that finished out the series, which I had never read! So I went back and read those, the final one giving some clarity on why the authors have not written more in the series. Both were great reads!  The Perfect Family was pretty "blah" for me. I also ventured out of my usual genre pickings to read How the Word is Passed. It was a great read, really challenging the "history" we are fed in the American education system. A look from the other side, if you will. It provided excellent context that is purposely (conveniently?) removed from our formal history books. I recommend!




No comments: