Friday, September 3, 2021

August's Literary Adventures

August was kind of a mixed bag for reading. Seven Perfect Things was totally out of my usual genre, but dang it was a good book that tugged at the heartstrings. The author was new to me, and I really enjoyed the book. Hostage was also a good book, quite the thriller! I really struggled with Karin Slaughter's False Witness. Her stand-alone novels outside the Will Trent series are really hit or miss for me. This one was a total miss. In fact, I gave up on it at about 50%. Likewise, Bloodless fell totally flat for me, which was tough to admit given Preston and Child are up there on my list of favorite authors. This book was just a little too "out there" for my taste. It was well-written, no doubt, just not my thing. And finishing out the month, Dark Roads was a great read!





 

No comments: