Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Tie Quilts

For Christmas, my cousin, Sydney, made several people tie quilts. I have seen them here and there, but never really held one until this Christmas. I knew instantly that I had to make some of these! It's no secret that my sewing skills are basically zero. Well, that's not entirely true.....I can sew up a stuffed animal and fix a button. But beyond that, I'm done. I call my mom. ;) The fact that these blankets require ZERO sewing was obviously the best part.  So, I had Sydney meet me at the store to pick out fabric and then show me how to make this thing. I had so many ideas in my head of the 87 blankets I wanted to do, but the first aisle I turned down happened to be sports, and it was game over right then. We all know what I made:
 
 
These things are seriously EASY as pie. Mine was the first, so it took me a little longer because I went slow, and happened to be binge-watching Making a Murderer (don't even get me started on that show......that's another blog post all on its own). I made all the measurements as Syd instructed and then started the task of tying all the little pieces together. I LOVED the final result and knew I had to make one for my kids.
 
I took my kids to the store to pick out their own designs. I walked around and around with them, knowing exactly what Carter was going to pick.
 

I figured Kendall would have gone with something girly, and for 18 seconds, she had decided on Boise State (that's my girl), but her final selection was Paw Patrol. I can't say that I'm shocked, though I really wish they had different colors as this one is just obnoxiously primary color based. But she loves it and that's all that matters.
 

I can't wait to get back to the store to pick out some more combinations - I'm hooked on these!

No comments: