Wednesday, March 6, 2013

RIP Sweet Izzy

Not many people are aware of this, but I have been following a little girl's journey since last fall. I know there are sick babies and children all over the world, but I got pulled into this little girl's story right away. I have literally followed the Facebook page every day since last fall.
 
 
Her smile was so precious.  She had a very rough journey but she was a figher, no doubt. Izzy had a rare mitochondrial disease. Every step was a struggle for her, including numerous surgeries, tranfusions, hospital stays, etc.
 
 
 
I can't even imagine how her parents got through this. She has three older brothers.
 
 
A lot of her hospital stays were due to infections, but the best homecoming I think this family had was for Christmas. She had been in the hospital for a couple weeks leading up to Christmas, and they were able to take her home and give her a Christmas tree and so many wonderful gifts due to the many fundraisers. I didn't send any gifts, but I did make several donations to their online fundraiser website.
 
 
Every child deserves a happy Christmas. Her parents are facing a staggering amount of medical bills, so to give them one Christmas with all of their children was the best gift.
 
 
I will never forget this little girl or her big smile. I have been crying at work ALL morning and finally decided that I needed to write about her. She wasn't my child or the child of anyone I knew personally, but I have spoken directly with her mom and the people who help maintain the facebook page (Help Isabelle Grow) and I feel as though I do "know" this family.
 
 
Rest in peace, sweet girl.





No comments: