Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Oh, and speaking of the Fair

I submitted photos to the photography contest again this year.  I tried one new category (night scene) and repeated in two other categories (architectural and portrait). 
 
My architectural submission was the Space Needle.  It received an Honorable Mention ribbon.
 
 
And my night scene submission was also from Seattle.  This picture received a third place ribbon.
 
I actually printed this photo for my house at 20x30 and purchased the frame while it was 50% off at Craft Warehouse. I just need to get it matted and into the frame, but blown up to that size, it looks incredible. 
 
I do have to say, the judging was very off this year. I'm not trying to be a sore loser at all, but pictures I would have picked as clear winners didn't ribbon at all, and ones that were picked as winners certainly would have never caught my eye. I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but something was just totally off this year.  I did learn a lesson or two, which will be put into practice next year for my submissions!

No comments: