Thursday, July 24, 2014

It Really Is The Moon

A couple weekends ago, I headed out to the desert to attempt some shots of the stars. I wasn't paying attention at all, and happened to be out there on the night of the super moon. Translation: not even close to dark enough to get star pictures. In fact, the moon was so bright that night, the initial pictures almost make it look like an underexposed daylight picture.
 
 
I cranked up my ISO, and this really looks like a daytime shot:
 
 
I assure you, this was at about 11:30 p.m.
 
When I darken the entire (first) image, it looks more like nighttime. However, if I wanted super moon shots, I definitely needed to go out earlier in the evening when the moon was lower on the horizon.
 
 
Regardless, it was a peaceful late night in the desert.......until those coyotes started howling.

No comments: