Thursday, July 1, 2021

June's Literary Adventures

June was hectic in ways I can't describe, so it was nice to escape for a few book adventures.

I explored a couple of new-to-me authors, and was pleasantly surprised. Fighting Absolution was a genre I don't typically read (military), but it turned out to be a really good book. Karen Dionne is one heck of an author that has written some really messed up, but in a really gripping way, books. The Wicked Sister was definitely a page-turner. Chevy Stevens is an author I have never read, and Never Let You Go was a great domestic thriller. While I have grown to really like Helen Phifer, it seems like most of her detective books (she has several series going at the moment) are starting to all be very similar, just plug and play a different female lead detective. I'll stick with her for sure, just wish she would come up with something new.



No comments: