Monday, August 13, 2018

Perseid Meteor Shower

I remember laying out by Chatcolet Lake as a kid, watching a meteor shower with my family. I don't know if it was the Perseid Meteor Shower; nevertheless, it was awesome. I remember the only sound being the lazy water of the lake. I remember the huge sky, pitch black because we were so far away from any light pollution, and those stars being so bright. I wanted my kids to see the wonders if the universe, so we drove out into the desert and laid out blankets in the back of the truck, cuddled together, excitedly whispering "did you see that one?!!". I told the kids when they were old enough in school, to take astronomy classes to learn about the constellations, planets, galaxies, etc. because we are so small and you might as well learn about all that cool stuff up there. They asked so many great questions, and it was a really fun learning experience. I didn't take the big camera, because I knew I would lose that experience with the kids if I spent the entire time messing with my settings, trying to get the perfect shot. Best decision ever. :)

No comments: