Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Spring Break

Well spring break 2017 sure has been busy!
 
We kicked it off with the Eric Church concert, which was incredible, as his shows always are. We rocked, and rocked some more, and I have the blisters on my feet to show for it! What a night!
 
 
 
 
 We have also had some lazy, quiet mornings snuggled up in bed.
 
And while Carter had a marathon Madden gaming afternoon, Kendall got to watch E.T. for the first time. She loved it!
 
We also had a playdate with friends from our old neighborhood. These four goofballs always crack me up.
 
 
 
We also did quite a bit of yard work in the back yard. The previous owners had some strange attempt at a garden on the west side of our house, which was left a total mess. So we cleared that out, leveled out the ground, and put down a bunch of grass seed. We also cleared out the flower beds of whatever strange plants they had planted, and made it all brand new with new perennials and bark. Now we have to tackle the front yard!
 
 
Saturday morning, I may have been nursing a wicked hangover from the concert, and may have needed a little cat nap while the kids played. ;)  Well, the doorbell rang and before I could drag myself downstairs, Kendall opened the door, accepted a package (which happened to be one of her birthday presents), opened up said package, and showed me....."look what the mail man brought me!" Good lord, child. Happy early birthday! 
 
There have also been many baseball practice sessions in the backyard and at the field. I think Carter hates me for not letting him just play video games every minute of his break. ;)  No rest for the wicked, son.

No comments: