Thursday, March 24, 2011

Pregnancy Tracker - 35 Weeks

First off, I would like to point out that the tracker on the top of my blog has changed to reflect the correct amount of days I have left.  This has thrown off the pregnancy in "weeks", however.  It shows 36 weeks, but I'm really at 35.  I wanted the "days left" to be accurate with the surgery date though.....which is the week before my actual due date of April 28th.  Make sense? Or am I just rambling?  ;)

No huge changes from last week - TUMS are still my best friend.  And this belly is out of control!  It's everywhere I need to be.  I had some serious cramping last Friday night, which I addressed with my doctor at the check-up this week.  It definitely wasn't contractions - it was a steady, intense pain for about 30 minutes.  Carter was soooo sweet too - I was on the couch, crying my eyes out, and he brought me a blanket, covered me up, and gave me a kiss.  Such a sweet boy!  Anyway, my doctor reminded me about what I should be doing if contractions do start up, so I'm pretty much on high alert since the cramping.  And the swollen ankles have set in too - totally sexy!  My wedding ring doesn't fit anymore either - bummer!  I've gained a total 18 pounds, which is half of what I gained with Carter.  But let me just say, this girl is READY.TO.BE.DONE.  The baby shower is this weekend, so as far as I'm concerned, after that's over, this baby can come any day!  ;)  My brother put in the first guess for weight for the baby at 6 lbs 13 oz.  AND, for those who like to torture me......we have officially picked a name.  And no, we are still not sharing. You will find out the name when you come to meet her.  :D

Here's what babycenter.com says about the pregnancy at 35 weeks:

Your baby doesn't have much room to maneuver now that she's over 18 inches long and tips the scales at 5 1/4 pounds (pick up a honeydew melon). Because it's so snug in your womb, she isn't likely to be doing somersaults anymore (uh, I beg to differ!), but the number of times she kicks should remain about the same. Her kidneys are fully developed now, and her liver can process some waste products. Most of her basic physical development is now complete — she'll spend the next few weeks putting on weight. 

Your uterus — which was entirely tucked away inside your pelvis when you conceived — now reaches up under your rib cage. If you could peek inside your womb, you'd see that there's more baby than amniotic fluid in there now. Your ballooning uterus is crowding your other internal organs, too, which is why you probably have to urinate more often and may be dealing with heartburn and other gastrointestinal distress. If you're not grappling with these annoyances, you're one of the lucky few.

Here is the belly, at 35 weeks.

 And my shirt says this:
 And just for shits and giggles:

Eric has this strange ability to push his stomach out beyond what should be possible for a man in good shape.  Don't ask me how he comes across these.....unique.....talents.

1 comment:

CreativeMish said...

Getting excited!! the weird talents run in the Family